Senior Research Assiociate
Olivier Dessens is Senior Research Assiociate in Climate Modelling at the UCL Energy Institute. His expertise lies in the field of atmospheric and climate modelling with strong skills in anthropogenic/biogenic emissions and their effects on the atmosphere. Within the Energy Institute he contributes to support the Integrated Assessment Modelling and to develop the interactions between the climate and the energy system within the TIMES Integrated Assessment Model (TIAM-UCL).
Olivier was previously employed at the Centre for Atmospheric Science, Cambridge University. He was contributing to the development of different atmospheric models (CTM and GCM). He was studying the impact of anthropogenic emissions on climate (present and future emissions from transport sectors) and the interaction between energy/economy and climate (low carbon economy impact on atmospheric composition).
- Dessens, O., Anandarajah, G. and Gambir, A. (2016) Limiting global warming to 2°C: what do the latest mitigation studies tell us about costs, technologies and other impacts? Energy Strategy Reviews, 13-14, 67-76. doi:10.1016/j.esr.2016.08.004.
- Dessens O., A. Anger, T. Barker and J. Pyle (2014) Effects of decarbonising international shipping and aviation on climate mitigation and air pollution, Environmental Science and Policy 44, pp. 1-10
- Dessens, O., M. O. Köhler, H. L. Rogers, R. L. Jones, J. A. Pyle, Aviation and climate change. Transport Policy (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tranpol.2014.02.014i.
- Barrett, S.R.H., Yim, S.H.L., Gilmore, C.K., Murray, L.T., Kuhn, S.R., Tai, A.P.K., Yantosca, R.M., Byun, D.W., Ngan, F., Li, X., Levy, J.I., Ashok, A., Koo, J., Wong, H.M., Dessens, O., et al., (2012), Public health, climate, and economic impacts of desulfurizing jet fuel; Environmental Science and Technology 46 (8) , pp. 4275-4282.
- Dessens, O., Aviation and Global Atmosphere in the 21st Century: Possible Mitigations, the Encyclopedia of Aerospace Engineering, Wiley Publishing, 2010, DOI: 10.1002/9780470686652.eae528.